Got a response from my hosting company, but then the way I worded the email to them wasn’t that good either. The problem that I’ve had over the July 4th weekend is that some how this site and a WordPress testing blog that I have on this site got screwed up so now both aren’t working well as they should have been.
The problem that I had over the June 4th weekend was a lot of connection error’s with the mysql server that I have with this hosting account. Though by the time the techs got to look at my account thing’s were generally stable with my blogs.
Problems with this blog might have started earlier than June 4th weekend – not sure though.
After what happened after the June 4th weekend withÂ this blog I’m going to back up all the stuff I need to – like files, databases, and archive mail from the web-based email app.
Once I get things setup on my other host – I’ll post some thing here before I update the dns for the site and see how things go. Hopefully the move would be a smooth transition from one host to another.
In the process of moving stuff over to my other host I discovered that I had a problem with a php script that I made sometime back.
It’s on the links page of my site that’s not working well with my other host. Though it’s time that I would need to update the code and the database for it to work again. it’s going to take time to update the code since I haven’t been working with php on a daily basis or weekly basis.
Moving sites and dealing with this type of problems – would help me to get on top of things again. A php class may or may not help as a refresher – though doing a trail and error is a good way to learn to make things work.
Anyways I’ll post another update soon.
For those who are following this blog using the regular feed located at myjournal.peterlbrett.com/index.php/feed/, I found a plugin (located here) that would forward that feed to my Feedburner feed. i found this plugin when I added a Feedburner feed for the comments for this blog.
I’ve also been having trouble with servers since late Wednesday so the site was slow while using Firefox 2. But don’t know if anyone else was having trouble loading the site with other browsers.
bye for now…
For those who follow this blog you might notice the change in the title because 1) I want to see what works and what doesn’t work, and 2) I wanted to change it for a bit of time, finally 3) the purpose of this blog might change to a varing degree by the end of two months time. Though the url/feed title that I have for feedburner will remain the same.
Other updates to this blog would be primarly minor update’s up to any website move. When and if I change hosts there would be changes to the permalinks and other changes too to this blog and site.
I’ll post something well before I’ll actually move this site and the various wordpress based blog’s that I have on this site.
For those who use rss feeds for the following blogs: blog.peterlbrett.com/journal/ and blog.peterlbrett.com/class/ – I’ve updated the url to redirect to my main blog at myjournal.peterlbrett.com/. Please update any rss feeds to this feed.
Well I’ve got another blog. Granted I don’t need another blog, I’ve had a couple other hosted on my site, but I thought of giving wordpress.com a try. It’s interesting so far when I first logged in. I planning to use it as a backup to this blog and this site, but I’ll see how things go for a while.
I tend to find that wordpress is the easiest to use and maintain, granted I’ve had trouble with the database got currupted shortly after I imported my posting that I made using blogger.com, but hey things happen.